Several CEBC researchers will be participating at the 21st North American Meeting of the North American Catalysis Society, being held in San Francisco, CA from June 7 to 12, 2009.
Five technical presentations will be given on CEBC research:
- "Carbonylation of Aryl Olefins and Alcohols using immobilized Pd Complex Catalysts," Bibhas R. Sarkar, Yuanchun Li* and Raghunath V. Chaudhari
- "Design, Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Nano-metal Catalyst for Polyol Hydrogenolysis," Debdut Roy,* Bala Subramaniam and Raghunath V. Chaudhari
- "1-butene/isobutane alkylation catalyzed by binary mixtures of ionic liquid and mineral acid," Shengwei Tang, Aaron Scurto, Christopher Lyon, Bala Subramaniam*
- "Ozonolysis Reactions in Dense Phase CO2," Andrew M. Danby*, Bala Subramaniam and Daryle H. Busch
- "Continuous Homogeneous Hydroformylation with Nanofiltration for Retention of Polymer Supported Rh Catalyst Complexes," Jing Fang*, Ranjan Jana, Jon Tunge, Bala Subramaniam
Prof. Bala Subramaniam will Co-Chair the session "Catalysis for the Synthesis of Chemicals" along with Dr. Eric Stangland of Dow Chemical. In addition, CEBC Industrial Liaison Director Dr. Darryl Fahey will host an information booth in the exhibition hall.
CEBC also congratulates PhD student Jing Fang on receiving the Kokes Student Travel Award to present her research.