Industry and Science Advisory Board Meetings (IAB, SAB)
CEBC holds two advisory board meetings each year at the University of Kansas.
- Spring meeting - April 6, 2020 - industry and science advisory board members (IAB, SAB) discuss project updates with CEBC researchers; includes formal project evaluations.
- Fall meeting - October 5-6, 2020 - industry advisory board members (IAB) discuss project updates with CEBC researchers.
Spring Meeting: April 6, 2020
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, we are hosting an abbreviated videoconference for the spring IAB/SAB meeting this year. There will be options for off-line viewing for those unable to participate live. (Either way, you must provide your own coffee.)
We will have project evaluations, as we do each spring, but with an altered format (see below). We hope that things will return to normal by October, and we will make sure you get an extra helping of student posters and presentations at that time.
Register for online session
- Members of CEBC Industry Advisory Board (IAB) and Science Advisory Board (SAB) - click here to register
- Faculty and CEBC Researchers - click here to register
- Monday April 6, 10:00 AM CDT - Professional Skill-Building Webinar: "Social Network Security & Privacy: Learning the Truth While Protecting the Sensitive," Assoc Prof Fengjun Li, University of Kansas School of Engineering; all are welcome! ABSTRACT | HOW TO JOIN
- Monday April 6, 1:30 – 2:50 PM CDT: Overview of CEBC Research and Education Activities, Zoom videoconference with phone call option (see registration email for access instructions).
- The videoconference and its recording will be password protected to preserve confidentiality. Industry members may have multiple participants and may share the meeting materials within their companies.
- The schedule is as follows:
- 1:30 PM CDT – Director’s Report, Bala Subramaniam
- 2:15 PM CDT – NSF Research Traineeship Internet of Catalysis update, Kevin Leonard
- 2:30 PM CDT – NSF-PFI Lignin update, Bala Subramaniam
- 2:45 PM CDT – Summary of revised CEBC Project Review Process
- 2:50 PM CDT - Adjourn
- Week of April 6: Project evaluation begins; IAB/SAB will receive reports and 5-minute videos to evaluate projects. See upcoming email for instructions.
- Week of April 13:
- Conference calls with review teams (3-4 participants per team) will be scheduled for discussion of project reports. The call should be approximately 60 minutes (20 minutes per project). Faculty will be on standby for Q&A.
- One member of the review team will serve as the discussion leader/scribe for each project report.
- Discussion leaders will compile the feedback and send completed review forms to Chris Lyon. The reviews will be provided to faculty.
Meeting Location: Remote platform to be announced to qualified registrants via email
Information for Presenters: An update on Project Reports, Posters and Presentations will be available soon
- Guests arriving by air will fly into Kansas City International Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton, 200 McDonald Drive 785/841-7077
- Hampton Inn Lawrence, 2300 W Sixth Street, 785/841-4994
- The Oread Hotel, 1200 Oread Avenue, 785/843-1200
- The Eldridge Hotel, 701 Massachusetts, 785/749-5011
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 1 Riverfront Plaza, 785/841-2700
- Best Western of Lawrence, 2309 Iowa Street, 785/843-9100