Michael Rubin has been approved for tenure and promotion to associate professor in the KU Department of Chemistry
R.V. Chaudhari, distinguished professor of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at KU, has authored Trickle Bed Reactors: Reaction Engineering and Applications. The book provides a hybrid methodology for engineering trickle bed reactors by integrating conventional reaction engineering models with state-of-the-art computational flow models.
Keynote lectures: R.V. Chaudhari, at the 24th Biennial Organic Reactions Catysis Society Conference April 15-19, 2012 in Annapolis, MD. Bala Subramaniam, at 22nd North American Catalysis Society Meeting June 5-10, 2011 in Detroit, MI.
Aaron Scurto, professor of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at KU, was named to the editorial board of the Journal of Supercritical Fluids.
Tim Jackson, assistant professor of Chemistry at KU, earned a National Science Foundation CAREER award.
- Xin Jin wins best poster award at the 2012 KU Energy Conference.
- Xin Jin and Meng Li win best poster awards at CEBC's spring 2012 Industry and Scientific Advisory Board meeting.
- Sylvia Nwosu recently received the 2012 Women’s Recognition Award for Outstanding International Woman Student at KU.
- Shirley Xie and Arely Torres received Kokes travel awards for North American Catalysis Society meeting in Detroit, MI.
- Madhav Ghanta received an ACS travel award and a best poster award at KU’s graduate research competition.
- Arely Torres and Pavel Ryabchuk won graduate teaching awards.
- David Minnick was accepted to the Self Graduate Fellowship Program and will begin work under their sponsorship this summer.
- Research associates Juan Bravo-Suarez and Anand Ramanthan, and students Xin Jin and Pavel Ryabchuck attended the American Chemical Society national conference in San Diego
- Students Madhav Ghanta, Xin Jin, Meng Li, Sylvia Nwosu, Pavel Ryabchuk and Shirley Xie, research associates Juan Bravo-Suarex and Anand Ramanathan, and postdoc Haijun Wan attended the American Institute of Chemical Engineers annual meeting in Minneapolis
- Research associate Juan Bravo-Suarez presented at the International Material Research Congress in Cancun, Mexico
- Students Madhav Ghanta and Pavel Ryabchuk presented at the American Chemical Society national meeting in Denver
- Student Madhav Ghanta presented at the 9th Annual Capital Graduate Research Summit in Topeka